If you are joining us for Sleep Easy this year, you might want to think about what you’ll need to bring on the night.
Being homeless and sleeping rough is not easy and it’s not fun. Although we are asking you to challenge yourself by sleeping rough, we don’t want you to freeze!
We hope that you will be able to take a lot from your Sleep Easy challenge and have a fun experience with plenty of smiles along the way.
With this in mind, we have put together a list of items that could make your night that little bit easier:
- Cardboard boxes to make your shelter from
- Warm clothing. Think layers. Wear as many layers as you think you will need to keep warm and then add two more!
- Spare set of clothes – in case it rains and you get wet
- A waterproof overcoat
- Waterproof boots/shoes
- Warm socks (and a spare pair just in case)
- Sleeping bag
- Extra cardboard for repairs and for insulation
- Newspapers for insulation
- Duct tape to hold your shelter together and for any repairs
- Plastic bags to make your shelter waterproof
Remember that we are trying to highlight what it’s like for rough sleepers, so please do not bring luxuries such as tents and camp beds etc. Camping chairs will be permitted for those with special health requirements but please bring your own as we’re not able to provide them.